The Musings of the Sunday School Teacher (Part III)


I love being a Sunday school teacher and I look forward to seeing my kids every Sunday.  Today marks the third part in this short series. It has been interesting sharing about my experiences and I appreciate your kind comments and contributions so far.

In case you missed the earlier writings on this series, please read the first entry Here and the second Here.

To make the most of your experience and ministry as a Sunday school teacher, you have to ensure you are growing alongside your kids. So, I will like to discuss ways to improve as a Sunday school teacher.

How to improve yourself as a Sunday school teacher?

4 Ways to Grow as a Sunday School Teacher

In The Place of prayer: Your guess is as good as mine. There is no effective church ministry that is not built on the foundations of prayer. Some prayer points include;

Lord Jesus, use me as an instrument in your hands. May my lips bless my children as they listen in Jesus name.

They may be young but Lord you have need for these little hearts, let your will for their lives be done. Ephesians2:11

Lord, make them your disciples and let your Word have root in their lives
May their light shine brightly for you Lord.

Grow in your spiritual life. You can only give as much as you have. Dwelling in God’s presence and continually studying the word. The more apt we are in the Word the sharper we are in sharing the Word.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Timothy 2:15

Be a Godly Example. Without the confines of the church, we must strive to be shining ambassadors of the Lord. We must live accountable lives for the Lord because we have little ones watching and learning from us.
Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
1Timothy 4:16

Use and Search Relevant Resources. There are many resources online and books for kids that can be used too. Handmade posters are engaging for kids. Beautiful cut out designs can be used as well. 

Are you a Sunday School Teacher? What steps do you take to develop yourself? Please share other experiences you have had in the comments section? I would love to read and learn from you.

By His Grace,
Ifeoma Samuel         

Side Note: I am grateful for your comments and mails last week. Firstly, I am back to my studies and I have been writing a lot offline too. Secondly, my brother in law, Jozie, just got the Wifi connection up and running and so I will be able to respond soonest. Thank you so much for your understanding. Hopefully, I will catch up on your blogs, friends.

I am linking up Here:
Monday : Art of Home Making, Soul survival, Good Morning Mondays

Tuesday: Titus2sDay, Testimony Tuesday, Tell Me a StorySDG gathering, #RARA Linkup

Wednesday : WiseWoman Linkup, Wholehearted Home, Women with Intention Wednesday,
W2W, Tell His Story, ThreeWord Wednesday

Thursday: 3Dlessons4lifeEvery Day Jesus

Weekend: Faith Filled FridayFellowship FridaysDance with Jesus,  Faith and Fellowship,  Blessing CountersFive Minute FridayStill SaturdayWeekend BrewBeloved Brew
Do you have a copy of my New Devotional? "My 30 Days Journey to a fulfilled Life" a beautiful read for personal and group study.



There are THREE! free eBooks"Let Us Pray", "A Verse a Week" and the latest "It is Time to BREATHE" available. Download yours here.
Name*

Labels: