The Musings of the Sunday School Teacher (Part I)

 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Deuteronomy 6:7
I am making this short series as to share some of my thoughts as a Sunday school teacher. This is the first part of this diary writing. Please read, learn, share and be blessed.

Being a Sunday school teacher is exciting but the same time consuming and exhausting. Drafting lessons, preparing posters and work notes needs wholehearted dedication. 

When we study a topic, I look forward to the kids recalling what have been taught the following week. On many occasions it is also difficult to get them to reiterate on the previous week’s discussion.
So today, I share five ways I use to improve my kids learning abilities and remembering the Bible lessons taught.

 How to help your Kids improve as a Sunday school Teacher

Work Books. When kids write in their books, they remember. Colour work books work best to recapture bible stories told during our class.
If expensive to purchase, kids can have their notebooks. You as a teacher can purchase a workbook make copies of pages that you wish to work on. Attach each photocopied page on each kids notebook.

Give your kids assignments. Homework help my kids have a second chance to go over what have been taught. I have short questions that should be written and in their work books.

Memorising scriptures. Memory verses for our weekly teaching helps them remember what we have shared. Engage them with recitation of short memory verses after each lesson.

Story Songs. If I taught a story or lesson, I try to compose a song that is easy to remember. Son gs are not easy to compose especially if you are not much of a singer like me; there is a grace when you pray about it. Sounds funny, but some songs I tried to make them up.

Dramatise. Sometimes short plays make my kids laugh, play and at the same time learn. Very useful in Old Testament Bible stories and it has proved to be effective.
Are you a Sunday school teacher? Do you have other suggestions? Feel free to pen your methods and thoughts in the comments section so we can learn together.

By His Grace
Ifeoma Samuel

I am Linking up here:
Wednesday: coffee your heart   #RaRa

Thursday : 3DLessons, #liveFree Thursday

Monday : Art of Home MakingSoul survivalGood Morning Mondays

Tuesday: Titus2sDayTestimony TuesdayTell Me a Story, SDG gathering#RARA Linkup

Do you have a copy of my New Devotional? "My 30 Days Journey to a fulfilled Life" a beautiful read for personal and group study.



I am giving out THREE! not one free eBooks"Let Us Pray", "A Verse a Week" and the latest "It is Time to BREATHE". Download yours here



Labels: