DEALING WITH EMBARRASSING ISSUES

 Dealing With Embarrassing Issues.



And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,  And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
Mark 5:26

I often considered health issues as a major challenge we face as humans. We have some other pesky behavior some of us have to deal with on a daily basis and are too embarrassed to talk about.
They range from uncontrollable jerks of a body part, body odor or mouth odor that don’t seem to go away or  more private issues like bed wetting, blood flows, body heat, watery eyes etc. We resolve to hideaway from the shame and fear of stigmatization.

A couple of years back, I was losing my faith owing to an embarrassing situation. In my fear and reproach, I resort to withdrawal from people, even friends.

You can have so many people around you, yet no one to confide in.

Fortunately, a Christian friend of mine noticed my sudden withdrawal. I hesitated in opening up to her. As we spoke, she told me she suffered the same condition couple of years back.  My guards came crashing down. I felt at ease. We communed and prayed about the situation.

Eventually, it was easier for me to let my mentor know what I was going through. We prayed and fasted about it. I was healed from my shame.

My healing came when I decided to open up about my problem. I didn’t just talk about it to anyone willing to listen but with few people who were ready to pray along with me.

6 Ways to Handle Embarrassing Problems

a.   Seek Jesus. Like the woman with the issue of blood, she sought for help. When she heard about Jesus, she decided to try him. Now we have the choice to call upon him first. Search the scripture and arm yourself with his promise of healing.
When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.
Mark 5:27

b.   Reach out to the right people. I love having Godly friends. They are a source of encouragement. When going through difficulties it is easier to have people to listen to you and pray along with you.

c.   Overcome the shame: if you have to think about it, have 10 reasons to look back and Face the fear.

d.  Do you believe? I love the woman with the issue of blood. She heard about Jesus, believed Him and had faith that rocked her condition. Can you just stretch forth your hand in faith and reach for the hem of his garment?
The healing virtue flowed from Jesus and dried up every blood leakage in her life. Trust God For Every Situation

Every problem can be drowned in the pool of the Blood of Jesus

e.   Next thing, she gave her testimony. Because of the shameful condition, we conceal our testimony. We don’t want others to know we had that condition. Notice, my Christian sister was able to reach me using her testimony. I received my healing through hearing what God had done in her life.

But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.
And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
Mark 5:33-34

f.    The prayer of faith will heal the sick. The situation is probably not a medical condition but you can find solution by praying about it.

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
James 5:15


Prayer Tool
Lord, I come before you today. Heal me of every sickness in my body. You know me and understand my frame, touch every area of my life I am too embarrassed to speak about in Jesus Name.


Have you experienced such embarrassing issues in your life or in the life of someone close to you? How did you overcome of how are you dealing with the issue?
Please share your testimonies and encourage others too. God Bless

Also shared here:
Blogging through bible with GMG buttonPicture

Labels: