10 good reasons to push the replay button


If I have to keep hitting the stop-rewind-play button in my life then it has to be on good grounds. Every time you try to playback or turn the hands of time you will get stuck in it. Hitting playback button severally for a favorite movie could only mean one thing: I really enjoyed that scene in the movie. This is just the opposite in real time.

When we rethink our past, more often than not we think of regret, something(s) we have lost, or things we should have done better.  On fewer occasions, people think about past successes.
Whenever you wallow in self-pity, you lose sight of the next big thing God has designed for you.  God has the manuscript of your life and He is working things out.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

So, when next you decide to click that button make it for a smarter move.   I took the liberty to put together 10 good reasons to revisit your past.

10 Good Reasons to Push the “Replay” Button.
1.  I have to identify my past mistakes and learn from them.

Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

2.  My past can’t be that bad. There are always people and some things in my life to be grateful for.

Psalm 146:1-2  Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul. While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

3.  If I am not on familiar terms with where I am coming from how then can I tell where I am going? Simple, my future is more important than my past.

1Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

4.  Who I am and what I did in the past cannot determine my ‘Now’ and my ‘Future’ because am a new creature in Christ Jesus. I stand and face every storm and with God I overcome.

2Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

5.  I choose to lay aside every burden of guilt and sin I feel every time I look back.

Hebrews 12:1-2 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,   Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

6.  Time is far spent; I have to “maximise-my-now”.

Ephesians 5:16-17 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.  Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

7.  I‘d rather turn my past weaknesses into strength.

Ecclesiastics 9:10  Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest
8.  I have to set new goals and discover new potentials in my life.

Matthew 25:20-21  And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.   His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

9.  I know my times are in God’s hands. God has the only say in my life just in case things begin to spin out of control.

Psalm 31:15  My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.

10.              When you look back you should see how far God has brought you. Don’t waste time longing to go back to your past.

Luke 9:62  And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.



God Bless. You can add to the list.

Labels: