The Issue of Trusting God

Proverbs 3:5-7  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.   In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.


While growing up, this used to be one of my favorite scriptures. Sometimes I always wonder why it’s so difficult trusting the Lord. It’s easier to quote several scriptures but doing and believing them seems to be another task all together.

I have seen God move in my personal life and I know when you trust him he never fails.
Isaiah 26:3  Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

But at other times I can’t help but say Hello God, I hope you are still there. Many of are acquainted with this situation. When it feels like hope is nowhere in sight and the night seems darker and longer in our lives. As I write this, it is a source of encouragement to me. Okay, like everyone else alive we have challenges. What we do when we go through these situations define our moments as Christians.

Trust is beyond faith; it is completely surrendering to God’s unfailing arms.

 We often try to figure things happening in our lives. We try to reason out situations without completely trusting God to meet our needs. When we acknowledge God’s sovereignty over our lives he guides us and leads us in the path we should take.
Every time we walk out the door and take to our own ways, things get more entangled. Initially, our own path may look very attractive but look, it usually ends in destruction.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Sometimes we go too far in our pursuit. At what cost do you get these things in life? At what expense do we get fame, success and wealth? Many have lost their families, lives, peace and health. God doesn’t expect to be lazy but to be diligent while depending on him entirely for the very life we live.

“I trust God with my life”. If you can get to this point in your life then truly nothing you see can move you.

Psalm 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

When you entrust your life in God’s hands you have peace.

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

This is the break I need.


Prayer: Dear lord, I may not always be patient enough to wait on you but please help me as I rely on you for everything.

Labels: