Are you Substituting God's Grace?

I chuckled within me basically out of disappointment. A few weeks ago, I tried to fix some techy issues on my blog but couldn’t get it right. 

I had spent all day and wasn’t making head way or so I thought.

Just like many people, I have spent my time trying to stay on top of things in my life and lesser time to seek directions.

“If I could just make it right”, I said to myself.

You see the main problem was...

I had tried to do it all by myself!


I relied on my hard work to get things done

May be you think more work represented more results like did, 
How wrong I was!

I heard the Holy Spirit whisper’ “The race is not to the swift”.
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
Ecclesiastes 9:11

“My grace is sufficient for you”
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.       2Corinthians 12:9

Prayer:  Dear Lord, I am sorry for relying on my intellect, my own strategy and my own wisdom and my strength. I pull my weight on you and completely rely on your unfailing grace.

We often try to make things just about perfect.

We struggle with hidden areas in our lives and very often become dissatisfied with life

We think we have it all figured out. At these moments of our personal struggles,

We feel less than qualified,

Our work feels less than perfect,

We feel unequipped

Like you, I felt that same way and now I was falling short of the standard I had set for myself. I had failed by own standards.


“We don’t need more of us to do His work
We need more of Him”

But it is not our standards that God uses. No!

It is His standard,

It is His Work,

It is His Kingdom

It is about Him not us

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
2Corinthians 4:5

What does He require of us?

Ours business is to,

Trust Him for the journey

Listen to Him for directions

Obey Him for the work

Rely on His Grace for the way

It is not a destination but our service in the Kingdom is a journey. Each day gives us an opportunity to 
learn during the course of our work.

We  need not substitute His Grace with hard work, education, intellect, earthly wisdom, finance.

God is our sufficiency and our completion. More of His Grace represents more productive results with more ease.

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
2 Corinthians 3:5

Now you see, I was short changing myself. I was cheating myself every time I relied on me!

Wow!

With His Grace the journey was made easier all I need do is drink daily from His cup of mercies and grace.

Are you relying on His Grace or on your Hard Work?

Are you taking a cup of His Grace in your daily life?


Remain in His Grace,
Ifeoma Samuel  

Have you read my new devotional? You can get yours here.  

I enjoy devotionals. If you do sign up to read them in your emails.
Get three free eBooks too. Download yours here.
Name*



I am linking here:
Monday: Good Morning Mondays, Soul Survival, Inspire me Mondays, Words of Comfort linkup Literacy Monday musings
Coffee and Jesus

Tuesday: Tell Me a True StoryTestimony Tuesday, Intentional Tuesday, #RaRa, United Linky

Wednesday: Women with intention, Three Word Wednesday

Thursday: Live free Thursday, 3Dlessons. Thankful ThursdayHearts for Home

Weekend:  Five Minute FridayFaith and FellowshipBlessing countersDance with Jesus , GMGGrace and Truth Linkup


 * Just in Case*
Dear friends, if you find leaving a comment challenging, please try using the anonymous option but fill your name and contact after your comments.
You can also try using Name and URL option too. If you are a blogger add your links in URL.

 PS: My academic break is drawing to a close but for I am catching up on my blogging friends. I have been writing a lot offline too.*smiling*
 Thank you dear readers and bloggers for your support and encouraging words. I am so grateful.

Labels: