Do you feel forgotten?


Lately, my daughter has been obsessed with the fact Jesus is looking at her. I wrote about the prayer she made here

The last week has been, "Is the Lord still watching over me?"

"Of course, He is still watching over you, sweet heart", I respond.

Even as adults, sometimes we struggle to come to terms with the fact that 

God loves us and cares for us deeply.

As I chatted with a friend, I could sense her disbelief when I told her God is still watching over her.
Her feeling of abandonment I could relate with because I have been there.

The issue is not that we do not know God is there.
What then is our problem?
Our hearts, many times, contend with trusting Him enough to come through for us.
Do you feel forgotten?

Do you feel abandoned?

Do you think God is too late?

Do you feel He can’t handle your situation?

You know what, 

No situation, no condition, nothing can push Him over.

Any time you feel God has forgotten you,

Remember,

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.                       Isaiah 49: 15-16

People can forget, He will never forget. A mother may forget her sucking child, God will never forget.

God has you

engraved,
stamped,
imprinted,
fixed
In the palms of His hands.

Here is an encouragement for you for those times when you feel God has forgotten you

God hears our prayers. (1Samuel 1: 19)Just like Hannah, He hears us and answers our prayers.

God knows our names. (Luke 1:27) Like Mary, He grants us unmerited favour.

God knows our address. (1Kings17:9)The Lord spoke to Elijah to go to the widow of Zarephath. Was she the only widow of the town? Certainly not. But God knew her address and it was time for a miracle for that widow waiting to die in a famine scourged land of Zarephath.

God knows our financial pain. (2Kings4:1)The widow of the prophet was about to lose her sons to slavery in order to pay up a debt. Nevertheless, God divinely made a way for her family.
God knows our condition. (Matthew 9:20)Oh, that faith-filled woman with the issue of Blood was divinely healed. Jesus knew virtue had left Him. That woman needed to be healed and He blessed her faith.

God knows our bondage. (Luke13:11)Bowed over for 18years, the woman was loosed of her bondage.

God knows our failures. (John4:16-19)Jesus knew how many men the woman at the well had had. He knew she was experiencing failures in her life.

God knows how long our situations have been. (John 5:5-6)Like the man at the pool of Bethsaida, 38years of his life he has spent waiting for the pool to be stirred and hoping one day it would be his turn. With no man to help him in, his wait for healing became years. Jesus knew and healed him.

In all we go through, God will never forget us.

Join me as we make this prayer together.

Prayer
Father, I thank you for your unfailing love. Thank you for loving me so much and caring so deeply for me. 
You have not forgotten me and have promised to be with me. I trust you for divine help and remembrance in Jesus Name. Amen.

Comment Prompt:
Do you feel forgotten? Have you experienced a difficult situation where you thought God had forgotten you? I’d love to hear your testimonies. See you in the comments section.

By His Grace,
Ifeoma Samuel

Have you read my new devotional? You can get yours here.  

I enjoy devotionals. If you do sign up to read them in your emails.
Get three free eBooks too. Download yours here.
Name*



I am linking here:
Monday: Good Morning Mondays, Inspire me Mondays

Tuesday: Tell Me a True Story, Titus Tuesday, Testimony TuesdayRaRa LinkupIntentional TuesdayTell His story

Wednesday: Word of comfort LinkupThree Word Wednesday

Thursday: Live free Thursday3Dlessons

Weekend: GMGBeloved BrewFellowship FridayFive Minutes FridayDance with JesusFaith and Fellowship ,Blessing Counters, Weekend Brew
 * Just in Case*
Dear friends, if you are finding leaving a comment challenging, please try using the anonymous option but fill your name and contact after your comments.
You can also try using Name and URL option too. If you are a blogger add your links in URL.

Labels: