A Prayer for Advent

I went over to my daughter’s room to tuck her in bed. I share a story and pray while she listened in and other nights we spoke for a little while before I let her catch some sleep.

This night was different. We spoke about Jesus and she came up with a comment that threw me a bit off balance.

Mommy, Show me Jesus
I picked my brains...

Lord, “What am I going to say to this young child?”

I am careful not to get her confused.


“Jesus is in your heart”

Whenever she asked these questions, her Uncle Jozie, always explained to her in bits and easily understandable chunks.

Now, it was my turn.

I have to be brave enough!

She went to sleep and no further requests. I barely escaped “I thought to myself”.

As I stepped into my room, I heard the Holy Spirit say, “Jesus is in your heart and others should see Him in your life”.

People should see Christ in everything we do, everywhere we go and in everything we say.

In this advent, when someone says “Show me Jesus”, they should be able to see Him in us. They should be able to point to us!

If all I was doing was cooking, gift shopping, cleaning and all that fun thing, then I would have missed the whole point of this season.

The Whole Point of this season is Jesus!

In this advent, I challenged myself to point others to Jesus.


For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

What is your desire this advent?

For me,
I want to sit still be quiet and not miss out on what it is about.

I desire to have fellowship not noisy partying

I desire focus and not pulled apart in different directions

I want to reflect more of Jesus rather than more of me.

I desire a quiet space to just breathe and feel the essence of being here at His feet.

I asked the Lord to quieten my heart and help me to keep my eyes on Him.

Yet again I ask you friend,

What is your desire this advent?

May be it is fellowship

Maybe it is laughter and partying

Maybe it is visits and sharing gifts


Shouldn’t it be, reflecting more of Jesus rather than more of ourselves?

In the midst of all these hullabaloo, we need to sit still, lessen the noise and dwell in His Presence.

In every way we have decided to remember Jesus, in every way we choose to spread His love, let us do so with Him at the center of it all. 

Let us do all heartily for His glory alone.

So I made a prayer and I am happy sharing it with you.

Lord as we remember your gracious love over our lives, quieten our hearts. Thank you for the salvation we have received through your physical presence here on earth. 

Lord Jesus, let us dwell in your immeasurable peace in this advent. May your thoughts captivate our hearts as we spread your love throughout our neighborhoods, church, families, friends, in every place we find ourselves. 

Pour out your love, peace, compassion, blessings over our lives in Jesus Name.


By His Great Grace,
Ifeoma Samuel

Have you read my new devotional? You can get yours here.

If you enjoyed this devotional, you will love the free eBooks too!
Get Full Access Here
Name*




I am linking here:
Monday: Good Morning Mondays, Soul Survival, Inspire me Mondays, Literacy Monday musings,  Art of Home Making#Life Giving, Raising Samuels

Tuesday: Tell Me a True StoryTestimony Tuesday, Intentional Tuesday, #RaRa, United Linky, SDGgathering

Wednesday: Women with intention, RH linkup, WFMW, Wise Woman LinkupWWLinkup

Thursday: Live free Thursday, Thankful ThursdayShine Blog Hop, EverydayJesus

Weekend:  Five Minute FridayFaith and FellowshipBlessing countersDance with Jesus GMGGrace and Truth Linkup,


 * Just in Case*
Dear friends, if you find leaving a comment challenging, please try using the anonymous option but fill your name and contact after your comments.

You can also try using Name and URL option too. If you are a blogger, please add your links in URL or comments so I can stop by too!

Labels: ,