3 Qualities To Help You To Finish Strong!

Like yesterday, it was 1st of January and alas, we are in December! Did you look at the calendar and wonder what you did this year? 

Taking stock of your achievements may sadden or gladden your heart depending on what your list looked like this year.

But do you know no matter how our year looks like we need to finish strong?

The other day, I jogged to reach the main gates of my house. A lady brought my daughter home and she had been waiting awhile in the car.

I decided to give it a quick dash so the lady wouldn't wait longer than necessary.

When we got back to the house, I noticed my ankle hurt. 

Oh No! I think I strained it.

'Well I’m home now', I thought to myself.

My agenda was getting my daughter home; no worries about the strained ankle...

Life kicks in this way for us... start, run, cross the finish line and hopefully claim our medal at the end of each race.

But our basic life-patterns consist of stops, crawls, walks, jogs and everything in between.

When we lose focus, we get carried away by vain achievements.

We become distracted by speed and hurry ourselves through life rather than actually living in it.

We miss out on savoring moments that make our race priceless.

Distraction is what hurts our journey most.

Like pain I felt on my ankle, distractions are pain we feel on the long run and we should learn to shut their ears and remain focused.

That same way, life challenges, pleasures and vanity, wave 'distracters' on our race tracks.

If we must finish well, we must learn to remain focused.

Although my feet hurt, I was satisfied in my spirit because the main goal had being achieved.

Finishing strong should matter to us than those treacherous race tracks.

In life’s race, what matters is who carries you, how you get there and making it through to the finish line

The finish line, Lord!

That’s the whole point of this race!

As the year draws to a close and the beginning of a new year unfolds, I encourage you to finish strong! 

Here are three important lessons:

The Power of Focus, fixing your eyes on the finish line will keep you away from the distractions of life. Just as Apostle Paul, what awaits us on the other side is greater than what we perceive.

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

The Virtue of Persistence, The race tracks are treacherous, unforgiving and unmarked. There will be times you feel like giving up, get distracted but must arm yourself with persistence.

Get up when you fall, and keep moving!

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
2Timothy 2: 3-4

The Substance of Faith
You have to believe, 
You will make it through the tracks
You will survive the unpredictable whether
You will make it through the finish line
Yes, friend, you will
Because the Lord is with you and you have to believe it.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Hebrews 11:1

Prayer: Lord, thank you for carrying me through from the beginning of the year until now. Help me to finish strong and give me the strength that I need for the journey ahead in Jesus Name.

Comment Prompt: What quality can you add to this list?  

By His Great Grace,
Ifeoma Samuel

Did you enjoy this devotional? Follow us via email and don't miss a post! * indicates required



I may link this article HERE.
You can find great resource in my book. Click to buy yours below.


Side Note
love reading your comments and visiting you too!
So, dear friends, if you find leaving a comment challenging, please try using the anonymous option but fill your name and contact after your comments. 

You can also try using Name and URL option too. If you are a blogger, please add your links in URL or comments so I can stop by too!

Labels: