When You Struggle to Let God Hold Your Hand

Letting God lead
I suppose it was the throng of people hurrying about their busy lives that made my daughter a little edgy.

As we walked on the pavement of the busy street, looking up and trying to get hold of my hand, she said mom, “Mom, can you hold my hand?”

Her request was a strong reminder of how much we need God to hold our hands

Why is it a struggle for us to give our hands to him?

God wants to hold us and He reminds us He has engraved our names in the palm of His hands.

But...

"What struggle it is to keep these little hands of ours in God’s own".

In an attempt to fix things, we let our hands slip away from His.

Inside us, is this inner desire to have someone to hold our hands as we walk through the busy street of life.

Once in a while we need the assurance that we are going to make it through this curve.

Here is what you should know...

It is Okay to stretch your hands;

It is comforting to reach out to someone;

It is okay to admit you need help;

It is okay to walk the long road with a friend

The wild and adventurous part of life is going life-road with a friend.

It is uncomfortable sometimes, to have a friend hang in there partly because it takes a lot of courage. Have you been there?

Is it a struggle for you to let God lead you?

Is it a struggle for you to accept His Help?

Can you let God walk this life-road with you?

Life can be scary sometimes or do I say "many times".


He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.      Isaiah 40:11

There is a friend who is ready to walk the long road 

with us.

Constantly, we need this reminder...

I love how Jesus shows us His brilliant shining light when we were sitting in the darkness of the world.

He rescued us from all that darkness and brought us into His Light; into His glorious Kingdom; into His Loving embrace.


Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: Colossians 1:13

Once were we lost in the tunnel of life, even then His gracious compassion sought us.

Jesus is the friend who will walk with us through life’s journey.

Do you remember that old hymn, “What a friend we have in Jesus?” It is one of my favorite hymns.

I love to sit and meditate on the awe of His love.

How great is His Love towards us?

How much He seeks us?


Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.  Isaiah 41:10

It is dangerous to ignore the tender mercies that God pours into our lives daily.

Do you see His compassion in your life?

There is no need to struggle in your heart.

Allow God hold you firmly.

Join me and say this prayer,

In times of trouble, Lord Jesus, be with me

In joyful moments, don’t let me go

In moments of fears, Lord flood me with your presence

In worries and anxiety, let your loving peace calm my racing heart.

The journey is far, the road is narrow, the way sometimes, cloudy and many times I lack knowledge of what, how and where, Hold my hand Lord and take me all the way.

My tiny hand in your mighty hand can only mean I am safe, secured, unmoved and assured.
As I walk this journey on earth, Lord Jesus, hold my hand and lead me until my work here is done and bring me home with joy in Jesus Name.

By His Great Grace,
Ifeoma Samuel


Have you read my new devotional? You can get yours here.  

I enjoy devotionals. If you do sign up to read them in your emails.
Get three free eBooks too. Download yours here.
Name*




I am linking here:
Monday: Good Morning Mondays, Soul Survival, Inspire me Mondays, Literacy Monday musings, , Art of Home Making, Encourage Me, #Life GivingRaising Samuels

Tuesday: Tell Me a True StoryTestimony Tuesday, Intentional Tuesday, #RaRa, United Linky, SDGgathering

Wednesday: Women with intention, RH linkup, WFMW, Wise Woman Linkup, WLlinkup

Thursday: Live free Thursday, Thankful ThursdayShine Blog Hop, EverydayJesus

Weekend:  Five Minute FridayFaith and FellowshipBlessing countersDance with Jesus , GMGGrace and Truth Linkup


 * Just in Case*
Dear friends, if you find leaving a comment challenging, please try using the anonymous option but fill your name and contact after your comments.

You can also try using Name and URL option too. If you are a blogger, please add your links in URL or comments so I can stop by too!

Labels: