Interview with Susan Mead Plus Give Away

I have the pleasure of interviewing the Susan Mead, author of Dance with Jesus: from Grief to Grace.

Susan B. Mead knows about grief.

In 2004, she lost her younger sister Bette to suicide

In 2008, her 20 year-old son died from drugs and alcohol.

In 2012, her sister-in-law died of cancer.

In 2013 her world was impacted once more while sitting in the grandstands at the Boston Marathon when the first bomb exploded across the street from her, thankfully sparing her cousin who was still running five minutes from the finish line.

Despite these gut-wrenching events, Susan has learned that God is always present and shines the brightest light in our darkest moments.

Here goes the interview…..

What inspired you to write the book Dance with Jesus: From Grief to Grace?

I was doing the Bible Study, Experiencing God. One question asked what does God want you to do right now?

I heard God say in that internal voice, “Sing My love song.”

And I laughed out loud! Well, send me a bucket, God, because I can’t carry a tune without one and YOU know that!

Next, came that sweet internal voice whispering a question, “What’s in your hand? Use it.”

An ink pen was in my hand, so I brushed the workbook aside, pulled out a new journal and promptly put pen to paper. The words simply flowed onto paper.

At 5:30 AM, as I put the pen down, I realized I had done what I felt God asked me to do – to sing His love song, only it was a story I wrote instead of a song, telling how much He loved me despite my losses.

Later that day, the first email I read was from SheSpeaks, the Proverbs 31 Ministries Speakers and Writers Conference. “WRITERS Conference? Really God? You want me to do something with this?” I thought. Okay. And so it began.

What are you trying to do through your book to help others with their grief?

My purpose in Dance With Jesus is to help others with their grief by sharing the story of one who has walked through loss, as that is what I found I so desperately needed in the darkest days of my grief—seeing or reading about others who had experienced tragic loss, yet were living, out loud and in color, with the joy of the Lord evident in their lives.

What do those words “Dance with Jesus” that are in the title of your book Dance with Jesus: From Grief to Grace mean to you?

Great question!

In a dream, I literally SAW Jesus dance with my son, Kyle, on the morning of Kyle’s funeral. Jesus turned and pointed to me, saying, “This is to bring you great joy. I taught him (Kyle) how. I taught him how to dance.”

So to me, “Dance with Jesus means JOY”: The joy of being in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ.

What advice would you give to those going through similar situations as yours but don’t know what to do?

Look to the story of others for hope. If they can, so can you. Reach out to someone to hear their story to get hope for yourself.

Look to the Word of God to see what He says about YOU, His child. Read what He says about death, mourning, comfort, peace, joy and love.

“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
Psalm 147:3 (NIV)

“You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,”
Psalm 30:11 (NKJV)

“A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,” Ecclesiastes 3:4, (NIV)

“Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.”
Jeremiah 31:13 (NIV)

“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:30 (NKJV)

There are so many beautiful moments when God reveals Himself to us. Very often, they occur in our most fragile, broken state. When we look, HE is there with us, in all of His glory.

Ifeoma, to your readers who are mourning a loss, I say:
Are you looking for Him?

Seeking His Word to get to know Him, to see His holiness?

Do you want to know Him?

Do you know He wants to know you?

Oh, how He wants to know you.
He loves you. Eternally.

What have you learned through all of this.
I learned God shines the brightest light in our darkest moments.
The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.           Jeremiah 31:3 (NIV)

Where can readers find your book, Dance With Jesus: From Grief to Grace?
DanceWithJesus.com or here’s a link to Amazon


How can readers connect with you?

To visit Susan's Blog click Here or the Book site DanceWithJesus.  I share a 5-day prayer challenge to help folks dig a little deeper into healing. And it’s free!

Thank you Susan for spending your precious time and encouraging words here with us.

And for the Give Away... It is over!
Enter your comments below to stand a chance to win an electronic copy of Susan's book. Awesome isn't it? We hope to see you in the comments.
WINNER IS ANASTASIA!!!
Congrats
Or click below to purchase your copy 



I am linking here:
Monday: Good Morning Mondays, Soul Survival, Inspire me Mondays, Literacy Monday musings,  Art of Home Making, #Life Giving, Raising Samuels

Tuesday: Tell Me a True Story, Testimony Tuesday, Intentional Tuesday, #RaRa, United Linky, SDGgathering

Wednesday: Women with intention, RH linkup, WFMW, Wise Woman Linkup, 

Thursday: Live free Thursday, Thankful Thursday, Shine Blog Hop, EverydayJesus

Weekend:  Five Minute Friday, Faith and Fellowship, Blessing counters, Dance with Jesus,  GMG, Grace and Truth Linkup


 * Just in Case*
Dear friends, if you find leaving a comment challenging, please try using the anonymous option but fill your name and contact after your comments.

You can also try using Name and URL option too. If you are a blogger, please add your links in URL or comments so I can stop by too!

Labels: