A Prayer for Hard Days

Tough times, Hard days
I sat still in between tears and disappointment. May be it was all too much for me to bear.

But God understood my pain.

If you are in tears for a helpless situation, then this will resonate with you.

If you feel hopeless, and life is going from one issue to another, this is for you.

If you have been through tough times, you know the feeling when hard days are upon you and the only word can make some sense is “alone”.

Gently you close your doors and peer through the windows looking out for someone or something to your rescue. 

Wide-eyed and lost in thoughts you wonder,

When will all these come to an end?”

Is there something ahead?

Can you grasp hope?

Can you sort through those harassing thoughts and lay hold of His promises?

As I pondered long and deep, I asked myself just as I ask you today...

Can the Lord actually bring you this far to let you go?”

You guessed right!

My answer is a resounding NO.

He will bring us to our wealthy place (Psalm 66:12)

The word “Hard-Days” gets us agitated. But those days certainly will come. Good News is God has promised to walk with us when they come.

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Isaiah 43:2

I know the Lord sees through us,

He sees our heart beating against the chest wall

He sees our pulsating veins as they wire through our bodies.

He knows our frame and understands our form.

Impressed upon my heart, is His warmth and peace.

I know God cares for us.

May be your lips are too numb to speak or like Hannah, your heart feels too heavy for words to express. (1 Samuel 1:10)

Those tough days when prayer seems hard and the Lord is quiet, would muster all the strength and say a prayer from your heart?

Like David in this moment, who poured out his heart before the Lord, it is time speak to the Lord in your own exact words, in your own voice. (Psalm 77:2)

It need not be in a multitude of words.

Just like Elijah we want Him to respond to us with mighty wind or in an earthquake or with fire.

And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.   1Kings 19:11 -12

But the Lord surprises us with a gentle reassuring embrace and a soft voice.

He feels our pain

He sees our secret tears

He never gives up on us and won’t start now

I know He has a plan, we may not understand it but we can trust He has a very profitable plan.

When He is done, like a blazing sun in the highlands of Africa, His glory will shine forth in our lives.

Amen!


Here is a prayer for you when the tough days come...

Lord Jesus, grant that I may run wild and free in the field of your abundant love.

I want to learn to trust you. Take me to deeper places in you where fear and worry come not close.

It looks darker and harder and I feel overwhelmed, father, lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Sieve through my turbulent thoughts and hold firmly what is true and impress it upon my heart that Your Word is True.

Let me soar in Your unfailing grace and root my hope firmly in You as every day I draw closer to joining you in the eternal home you have prepared for me.

Dear Lord. hold me tightly in your hands and walk this road with me.

Lord, as I sit still in your presence and open my heart to receive from you, Keep my heart safe Lord and grant that I may enjoy your peace in Jesus Name.

Bible Reading: Psalm 27, Isaiah 43, Philippians 4:1-7

Comment Prompt: What prayer do you say in hard times? What is your favorite scripture in troubled days?

By His Great Grace,
Ifeoma Samuel

Have you read my new devotional? You can get yours here.  

I enjoy devotionals. If you do sign up to read them in your emails.
Get three free eBooks too. Download yours here.
Name*



I am linking here:
Monday: Good Morning Mondays, Soul Survival, Inspire me Mondays, Words of Comfort linkup Literacy Monday musingsCoffee and Jesus

Tuesday: Tell Me a True StoryTestimony Tuesday, Intentional Tuesday, #RaRa, United Linky, SDGgathering

Wednesday: Women with intention, Three Word Wednesday

Thursday: Live free Thursday, 3Dlessons. Thankful ThursdayHearts for Home

Weekend:  Five Minute FridayFaith and FellowshipBlessing countersDance with Jesus , GMGGrace and Truth Linkup


 * Just in Case*
Dear friends, if you find leaving a comment challenging, please try using the anonymous option but fill your name and contact after your comments.
You can also try using Name and URL option too. If you are a blogger add your links in URL so I can stop by too!

Labels: