What To Do When people Fail you!

As I walked with my young daughter during one winter weekend, our attention was drawn to some trees and shrubs that had been stripped bare of their leaves. 

The grasses had been browned by the winter leaving the entire hilly area dusty looking.

The sense of loneliness shrouded my feelings as we stared helplessly at the naked trees. Almost like the feeling of one being shred of their hopes and expectations.

Many disappointments I had faced in the time past were because of high expectations I had of people.

Have you been failed by those whom you trusted?

Like the bare tree, do you feel lonely?

Are you devoid of hope and help?

As I walked down those paths with my daughter, I reminisced on those cold moments were my feelings had been hurt and the handwriting of failure and disappointment boldly written all around. I fix my thoughts on this scripture

It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. 
Psalm 118:8

Two critical lessons I learnt:
·         People can’t even help themselves, so relying on them is never advisable
·         Whatever help we receive from others is as a result of God nudging them or they want something in return for their kindness.

>>Here are four things to do when people fail you
1.   Learning Curve: Every experience we go through in life, difficult or easy, is an opportunity to learn something new. What can you learn from a disappointing experience?

2.   Take the Path of Forgiveness. Choose to forgive those who have disappointed you. Holding on to their faults keep us in bondage too. It is freeing to forgive and move on.
Many Broken promises can lead to an unfulfilled life.
3.   Trust God. I love it when God knocks over our leaning blocks.
Do you know why?
We can fully trust God and entirely depend on His help when we have no other alternatives. Our focus should be on Him alone who is able to help us.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding Proverbs 3:5

4.   Never forget God’s Promises. Remember at all times, God will never fail you.

The ways of the Lord are unknown,

His footsteps cannot be marked,

He leads us quietly in to His Way
Every time we try to figure out the path through which he takes us, we confirm our doubt in Him.
All we are to do is to trust Him who knows our paths who understands the way and takes us to the place where He has designed for us.

The Church may fail,

Family may not stand by you,

Friends may pack up and leave,

But, God will never leave us, nor forsake us.

P.S This post contains excerpts from the book “My 30 days Journey to a fulfilled life”.

Comment Prompt:
Have people failed you or are you going through such an experience now? How have you handled the situation? Please lets talk...see you in the comments.

 By His Great Grace,
Ifeoma Samuel

Have you read my new devotional? You can get yours here.  

I enjoy devotionals. If you do sign up to read them in your emails.
Get three free eBooks too. Download yours here.
Name*



I am linking here:
Monday: Good Morning Mondays, Soul Survival, Inspire me Mondays, Words of Comfort linkup Literacy Monday musings
Coffee and Jesus

Tuesday: Tell Me a True StoryTestimony Tuesday, Intentional Tuesday, #RaRa

Wednesday: Women with intention, Three Word Wednesday

Thursday: Live free Thursday, 3DlessonsThankful ThursdayHearts for Home

Weekend:  Five Minute FridayFaith and FellowshipBlessing countersDance with Jesus , GMGGrace and Truth Linkup

 * Just in Case*
Dear friends, if you find leaving a comment challenging, please try using the anonymous option but fill your name and contact after your comments.
You can also try using Name and URL option too. If you are a blogger add your links in URL.

 PS: I am on academic break for less than two weeks and I am catching up on my blogging friends. I have been writing a lot offline too.*smiling*
 Thank you dear readers and bloggers for your support and encouraging words. I am so grateful.

Labels: