Cup of tea, a friend and the dance

I sat with a cup of hot beverage drink, reminisced on those beautiful memories I had shared with my best friend, my grand father. You see, my siblings and I grew up at my grand parents’ home.

It was so fun growing up at their house.

Our friendship had grown to become more of friendship and playmates.

I remember how we made coffee and sometimes tea together, walk to church and laugh all the way; my grand father was my best friend.

One of my doting memories was the birthday gifts my grand dad had gotten for all three of his grand children.

“What did you get daddy”, as we fondly called him.

“I am giving you bibles. I thought about it and I considered that the best gift I would ever give you would be this,” said my granddad. 

In my absence, Jesus is the only guarantee you would be okay!

And that's how we got our first bibles; 

It was the longest and the last time we had spent together.

The following year my best friend, tea companion, walk mate was gone. The painful clutches of death had snatched him away.

I cried, wept and my heart ached.

Words may not describe how I felt, you probably can’t grasp the immense pain that was imprinted in my heart.

Have you been there?

Do you still grieve?

Are you finding it difficult to move on?

How much does this story resonate with you?

No matter how much I want to hold on so tightly to the one whom I have loved. The reality is he is gone to be in a far better place.

The only thing we have and can hold,
Are the memories of the good times we had,
The legacy they have left behind and
And Jesus whom is our comfort and hope.

As in all things, we have choices. A choice,
To wallow in grief,
To remain in pain,
To stay mad at God for letting things be the way they are.

On the other hand,

We can choose to live and be alive not just for ourselves but for those who still need us here.
We can choose to hold on to beautiful memories that linger in our minds
We can choose to hold tightly that legacy left behind by those who we have lost
We can choose to make a difference and leave a legacy too.
We can choose to dance with Jesus all the way, until our day here is done...

Always Remember,

For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life:weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
Psalm 30:5
By His Great Grace,
Ifeoma Samuel


This post is part of the book launch for Dance With Jesus.

I was privileged to receive a copy of the book please read my Review Here.

To visit Susan's Blog, Please Click Here




I am linking here:
Monday: Good Morning Mondays, Soul Survival, Inspire me Mondays, Words of Comfort linkup

Tuesday: Tell Me a True Story, Testimony Tuesday, Intentional Tuesday, #RaRa

Wednesday: Women with intention, WWlinky

Thursday: Live free Thursday, 3Dlessons

Weekend:  Five Minute Friday, Faith and Fellowship, Blessing counters, Dance with Jesus,  , GMG, Grace and Truth Linkup

 * Just in Case*
Dear friends, if you find leaving a comment challenging, please try using the anonymous option but fill your name and contact after your comments.

You can also try using Name and URL option too. If you are a blogger add your links in URL.

 PS: Unfortunately friends, my laptop is still unavailable and I have very low connectivity. I hope all these get sorted out soon. 


I hope to comeby your blogs too. Thanks for your comments and visits. I am grateful.

Labels: