Woman 1: The young mother enjoyed watching her
three rambunctious boys running in the park and getting all dirty. She seemed
to cheer on her little one barely 18 months. She obviously looked less concerned for their
soiled clothes. She relaxed on her recliner with a chilled drink and some snack
to go with.
I couldn’t help but wondered if she didn’t mind
all that laundry work ahead...
Woman 2: The other mom screamed and yelled at her
little girls. You couldn’t miss her. She was all over at the park! Her girls were
playing in the sand and rubbing the mud on their faces, a nice attempt at a
face mask.
Their clothes were soiled and their shoes? Well, they
made away with them. Their momma looked so harassed, tensed and as I said earlier
very noisy.
What
kind of a mama are you?
Are you still not sure?
Answer the following questions:
►I don’t yell at my
kids.
__ Agree
__ Disagree
►My kids do what I tell them, not the other way
around.
__ Agree
__ Disagree
► I get enough rest each day.
__ Agree
__ Disagree
► I make time to pursue my own interests outside of
my children.
__ Agree
__ Disagree
► I do not make it a habit to compare _ Agree __ Disagree
You can finish take the rest of the Happy Mom Quiz
Here
What is the difference between both moms?
We all have those pressure days with piles of
laundry, cooking, home cleaning etc. These days seem to be longer when we feel
we aren’t getting things done.
We forget to rest rather than get tensed up,
To be grateful rather than nag,
To be happy rather than grumpy,
I’d love to be that woman who stretches and
watches her kids play with less concern for the work after play.*I wish*
I’d love to the woman who embraces her role as a
unique privilege to raise godly children.
To
be a happy mom is to live a life of gratitude.
It means choosing a life of gratitude in those
mundane moments.
It means seeing the blessings in everyday chores.
It means seeing the gift and opportunities at
every stage of our parenting roles. It means less comparisons and more gratitude. It means more healthy choices for us and our family. It means more praying and less whining. It means more patience, persevering and hopeful even in face of difficulties. It means more Yes-filled and positive living. It means pursuing our own dreams and helping those dependent on us to fulfill theirs.
I love Arlene Pellicane’s definition of "HAPPY"
H- Healthy
A-Action Oriented
P- Prayerful
P- Perseverant
Y- Yes-Filled
It takes a lot being a mom but don’t let the stress suck out
your happiness.
This post is part of the book launch for Arlene
Pellicane’s new book “31 Days to Becoming a Happy Mom”.
Note: If you enjoyed “31 Days
to becoming a Happy Wife” you will love this one.
This book is a must read for every mom no matter
what stage of motherhood you are in there is something for you!
PS: You can snag a free copy of “31 Days to
becoming a Happy Wife” for free throughout the month of August.
Visit Arlene’s Blog Here Grab your own copy of the Book by clicking on the
images below.
Comment Prompt: Are you a Happy Mom?
How do you maintain your cool on pressure days? I enjoy devotionals. If you do sign up to read them in your emails. Get three free eBooks too. Download yours here.
Name*