Do you remember the story of the ravens feeding
Elijah?
And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread
and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook I Kings 17:6
I do and as a gentle reminder,
I would love to share a story about my dear friend.
Pull up your chair, read
and be encouraged.
She was faced with
being homeless, her marriage was on the rocks and business wasn’t doing good
either. I didn’t know her life had turned stormy but that fateful day the Lord
moved my heart to go over to her office. She shared her terrible situation with
me. I listened to her story.
My dear friend has
been faced with hardship. She had almost given up not until she decided to try
God.
All I had to give was
to pray and so we did pray to God for a divine help.
I find it amazing
that God went over and beyond what we had expected. An old woman came to her
office less than a week after we had prayed. She gave her a huge amount of
money and had been buying her breakfast and stocking her groceries supplies everyday
since then.
Really!
A nice breakfast
every morning and groceries at weekend.
Of course my dear
friend got scared because she did not know what to make of it.
When my friend asked
her, “why are you helping me?”
You will not believe the
old lady’s response.
“The Lord led me to you and laid it in my heart to help you”.
It is almost two
months now and my dear friend has survived the worst. Things are getting into
shape.
Going Forward……
In the darkest
night, we see God’s light like a touch that leads out of life’s pit into
His place of refuge.
God is able to raise
helpers that will rescue us.
Are you in trouble?
Are you broke and
hungry?
Are you in need of
a helper?
Does God still send
ravens in forms of people?
Of Course!
He is our provider.
And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is
said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen. Genesis 22:14
He is our sufficiency.
Not that we are sufficient
of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God 2 Corinthians 3:5
He is our sustainer.
Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he
shall sustain thee: he shall
never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22
He is our helper.
Behold, God is mine helper:
the Lord is with them that uphold my soul. Psalm
54:4
My friend’s testimony
is a true story that God still has us in mind.
I strongly believe that
God can still send ravens to feed you. All you need is to trust Him.
Do you believe?
Prayer
Lord you are my
sustainer and my provider. You know my every need and I believe you will supply
everything I need to live and thrive in Jesus Name.
Comment
Prompt:
Have you experienced
miraculous provision? On the other hand, did the testimony of my friend
encourage you?
I love to share and
learn more with you in the Comment section.
By His Grace,
Ifeoma Samuel
Have you read my new devotional? You can get yours here.
I enjoy devotionals. If you do sign up to read them in your emails.
Get three free eBooks too. Download yours here.
Name*
Labels: Devotions