I am excited having
Natalie Abrahams over here Every Tuesday. Yes dear readers you can catch her here sharing her heart. How beautiful? Grab your
chair, read and savor this devotional.
In life, we
face many challenges that could easily weigh us down. However, like myself, many women have learned
to fake it until they make it?
We have
learned to cry silent tears that no one hears.
We have
perfected the art of putting up a mask that people become attracted to.
The reality is
it is not a true reflection of who I AM.
When the mask comes down I see the woman the world
does not know.
Many times we hide our hurt behind our smiles,
because, I have chosen to fake it until, I pray someday I will make it.
The mask was
created as a shield, to hide how we truly feel.
We battle to distinguish between what’s real and what’s not.
I believe I
can achieve all that I aspire to, as long I AM in control of what people
know. It’s easier to tell no one how I
really hurt. It avoids a lot of
questions and people trying to tell me what will work.
Believe me, I
have tried everything!
I love who people
have fallen in love with! It liberates my fears to be a helper to those in
need. Truth is I do need a helper too.
Although I AM
woman of strength and virtue, I cannot do it alone.
We look for helpers around us, but it only comes
from above.
We
have to surrender everything to Him.
Our
strength comes from God.
Without
Him we cannot run this race, it’s too hard.
Although I
feel hurt sometimes, I choose to release a fragrance of who my Father says I AM
- beautifully and fearfully created in His image.
I will praise
thee; for I am fearfully and
wonderfully made: marvellous are
thy works; and that my soul
knoweth right well.
Psalm 139:14
It is the
fragrance that will attract what I long for so deeply.
To love and be loved, unconditionally.
At night,
When the mask comes down,
We look in the mirror.
We see what no one else sees.
And the mirror cannot hide what we see.
Without saying
a word, I find tears rolling my cheeks.
I gently wipe the tears off as they rapidly increase. I cannot look in
the mirror. The touch of my hand over my
cheeks is the gentlest touch I have received this day.
As I reflect
on this, I find my crying spiraling out of control. I force myself to look at the woman in the
mirror.
Who is she?
I know who she
is.
A woman whose tears are not only those of despair
but of thankfulness.
Another day
has passed. I have made it. I manage to get a smile in, and catch a
glimpse in the mirror before I turn away.
He (God) has a plan for my life.
I didn’t make it this far just too just give in.
The mask is not such a bad thing after all.
You know why?
Although we hide our tears and fear behind it,
it is also the rock on which we rebuild our lives, daily.
We cannot go
through life reminding ourselves of that which we have already overcome. We need to see ourselves through the eyes of
our Father and believe in the plan He has predestined for our lives.
In whom also we
have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of
him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
Ephesians 1:11
When we do, we
stop acting but boldly step into the life we believe we deserve.
You may not
see it yet, it is on its way.
The audience
applauding is a source of hope, reminding us that we are worth it.
While we are
acting, perfecting and believing, we will bring on the manifestation of His
promise. Let us live
our lives with hope because We Are who my Father says We Are.
Confess
this: I AM Who my Father says I AM
About the Author
Natalie
Abrahams is a Ministry Wife, an International Speaker and a Life Coach. She is
the author of “Get
up and Go on”. To
book Natalie Abrahams and to a copy of her book, please send an email: virtuouswconnect@gmail.com
Find her on Facebook
– Virtuous
WoMan Connect and Twitter - @Natz717
I am linking this article here:
Tuesday : Tell Me a True Story, Testimony Tuesday, Teaching What is good,
SDG gathering, Intentional Tuesday, #Ra Ra
Thursday: #live free Thursday, Thought Provoking Thursday
Weekend: Fellowship Friday,
Five minute Friday, GMG, Beloved Brew,
Faith and Fellowship
Very Important Side note:
Dear Readers it has come to my notice that you are finding commenting a bit challenging. I am not very techy, please bear with me.
Meanwhile, try using the anonymous option but fill your name and contact after your comments.
You can also try using Name and URL option too. If you are a blogger add your links in URL.
Labels: Devotions, My Awesome Guest