Exclusive Interview with Sheila Hollinghead and A Give Away (Part 1)


Sheila Hollinghead, an army brat, was born in Nuremberg, Germany. When she was ten, her father was stationed in Toul, France where she discovered a treasure trove of books hiding in the furnace room. 

The house was rumored to be the former headquarters of the Nazi Party with bullet holes decorating the foyer as evidence. The books she found, sci-fi, mysteries, fantasy, and the classics, opened her mind to the power of story.

Raised on army bases, she lived many places, none “home” until she returned to south Alabama. She lives with her husband, three dogs, and two cats near the farms where her ancestors struggled to scratch a living from the ground.

Hollinghead is active in her community, heading up her local food bank with the help of her husband. She also participates in meals-on-wheels and WinGS (Women in God's Service) who visit the sick and shut-ins.

She has been the administrator of several websites and groups, such as Readers' Realm, and is an editor for Altwit Press.
  


 Me with my granddaughter, Sabre Hollinghead. She is the model on the original book covers and also on the new ones, except for the model on Fading Thunder.

My husband, Carl, and me

How did you become a writer and when did you decide to get published? And how long have you been a Christian writer?

My love of books, I suppose, began at birth. I don’t remember learning to read, only the pure joy when I held a book in my hand. Reading only partially fulfilled my deep, abiding curiosity about the world.

The first thing I remember writing is a story of my pets when I was seven.
My desire to be a writer began when I discovered mere mortals wrote books”.

But, as they say, life got in the way. I finished school, married, had children, taught for nineteen years, and had health problems during most of that time. 

Twenty years ago, when I retired due to health problems, I devoted as much time to writing as my health permitted, and that’s when I knuckled down and produced my first book, Thundersnow, In the Shadow of the Cedar, Book 1. I’ve since written three more books in the series.

I became a Christian almost forty years ago and my books are all written from a Christian perspective. What lives within us comes out in our writing.


What challenges did you face when you started out?

Many years ago, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and later fibromyalgia. My thinking over the years became cloudier and cloudier—fibro-fog is the common term. For a few years of my life, I had difficulty stringing words together into a coherent sentence.

With or without my illness, I was also hopelessly undisciplined. Even now, feeling better than I have in years, I struggle with discipline. I have to tell myself to be a grown-up and sit down and write!



Interview To Be Continued.............

Connect With Sheila:
Website, Stories that Heal Hearts and don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter when you visit!
Facebook, Sheila Hollinghead, Author
Twitter, @SHollinghead
My blog, Sheila Hollinghead’s Rise, Write, Shine!
Goodreads, Sheila Hollinghead, Author
Amazon Author’s Page, Sheila Hollinghead


Give Away
Rise, Write, Shine, A 100-Day Devotional: Reflections on Christian WritingI was provided with a copy of the 100 Day Devotional Rise Write and Shine” for my precious readers. If you are a writer or intend to be one this devotional is for you. 

Please enter the giveaway by leaving a comment below and head over to Sheila's blog and leave a kind comment on a recent article. 

PS:  A winner will be randomly selected and announced on Monday, 22nd of June. 

Read my review of “Rise Write and Shine”  HERE

Sheila has also provided amazon gift cards for each of her three books.
Superb isn't it?
Winners would be announced on Monday too. Hurry and enter your comments to stand a chance of winning.

Please note that Thunder Snow is free on Amazon. 


More Freebies: 
 You can download free excerpt of her new Book Series Dark Bark HERE

Download free 40 Day devotional Here 
Write: A Forty-Day Devotional: 40 Reflections on Christian Writing (Rise, Write, Shine Book 2)












Linking Up Here:
Monday : Soul Survival, Good Morning Mondays, Art of Home Making, Inspire me Mondays, Literacy Musing Monday

Tuesday : Tell Me a True Story, Titus 2sday , SDG gathering, Unite Linky, Testimony Tuesday, #RaRa

Wednesday : Women with Intention, Tell His Story, Word filled Wednesday, Coffee and conversation, wholehearted home, Word of Comfort linkup, Wise woman linkup.

Thursday : #livefree Thursday, #3D lessonsServing JoyfullyI choose joy

Weekend : Fellowship FridayFaith and FellowshipDance with JesusBeloved Brew, Five Minute Friday, Weekend Brew
Very Important Sidenote:
  Dear Readers it has come to my notice that you are finding commenting a bit challenging. While I try to work around it, please try using the anonymous option but fill your name and contact after your comments.
You can also try using Name and URL option too. If you are a blogger add your links in URL. If not leave it blank and leave your contact too in the comments so I can reach you if you win! 

Labels: