I am glad to introduce us to this new series of devotionals yet again don’t you just love it? Do you who need to find space in your life to rest, breathe and refuel? Then you will love this one. I very excited to write this series with my friends.
BREATHE is an acronym but we will unwrap each word just like a treasure hunt.
Today’s Word is R and it stands for Renewing your mind
RENEWING YOUR MIND by Grace Esedeke
And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew
that Jesus sat at meat in the
Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his
feet with tears, and did wipe them
with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
Luke 7:37-38
She probably couldn’t tell you what gave her the
courage to walk uninvited into the home of a Pharisee, much less into a room
full of men who knew exactly what she was.
She only knew that love compelled her to find the
man she was seeking and let him know that she recognized her need for
forgiveness.
Her long hair hung loosely on her shoulders, a
sign of her profession.
She carried in her hands an alabaster box of
ointment- a tool of her trade, used to make herself more attractive to her
clients.
She said nothing.
There were no words to say.
She simply washed his dusty feet with her tears, wiped them
clean with her long tresses, and anointed them with the precious perfume.
The host silently criticised Jesus for not knowing
what she was. But Jesus knew who she was.
She was accepted in love by Him. He acknowledged her sincerity and her desire for a new life.
Jesus offered her forgiveness.
May be we have read this over and over...
But let's share a mystery!
Personally, I draw many lessons from this humble
and inspirational story—
♥ A heart filled with love and compassion,
♥ A story of forgiveness,
♥ A gift of grace over criticism and judgement.
Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying,
This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is
a sinner.
Luke 7:39
More
striking lesson is the power of a renewed the mind.
As you study through, you could notice she was.....
* tired of her way of life,
* fed up of drowning criticism that was her
* done with all the bad remarks that seem to
accompany her
She was prepared to
let God into her life.
Wow! Do you see it?
She was ready for
♥ a renewed mind
♥ a renewed heart
♥ a renewed life
What does it mean to renew your
mind?
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the
renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12:2
It is a decision to start a process and thought that
enable us grow God-wards. It involves a change in our attitudes and adoption of
biblical virtues.
How?
You may ask.
By choosing to take our thoughts seriously and
dwelling deeply on God’s Words rather than take pleasure in worldly activities.
Changing or renewing our mind is the surest way to
change our lives. Forming new habits begins from our mind—deciding to change
the bad habit and replacing it with a new one.
Renewing the mind is our God-given responsibility.
What if she just sat there and hoped for Jesus to
change her life. I don’t think it would have this much effect. It simply means
we need to take decisive actions and steps.
Renewing your mind is a process, not a one time achievement.
Many times we fall, but we don’t stay down. We
make consistent efforts to get back on the right path.
To
renew our mind, we must rely on God’s Word. God’s word is the instrument of
renewal.
I have a rather sticky mind, so I choose to limit
the number of movies I watch and the books I read because I am careful of what
I allow filter through my mind.
If we hold on to the very things we want to change
then it is impossible to renew our mind.
Regardless of our past or even our present, there
is room enough for us to change and be the people God wants us to be.
Are you in? Do you accept the forgiveness Jesus offers and the opportunity of a renewed mind?
About the Author:
Grace Esedeke is a trophy of God's grace, an object of His mercies. She
is a food scientist and technologist by profession currently delving into the
business world.. a writer by passion... an avid reader by addiction
I’m an extroverted introvert. I am reserved more often, and I much
rather spend my time alone enjoying a good book or a good movie…surfing the
internet or playing around on my PC... and writing of course...
I am joining this link ups"
Tuesday: Embracing His will, Let me Tell you a True Story, Titus2 Tuesday, Teaching What is good, #RaRa linkup, Intentional Tuesday, Tell it to me Tuesday, Unite Linky, SDG gathering, Testimony Tuesday
Wednesday : Word Filled Wednesday, Women with Intention Wednesday, WholeHearted Home, Coffee and conversation Comfort Linkup
Thursday : Thought Provoking Thursday, I choose joy, Imparting Grace, #Everyday Jesus, #live free Thursday, #live free Thursday
Do you have my New Devotional? "My 30 Days Journey to a fulfilled Life" a beautiful read for personal and book club study and a great Mothers Day gift too Available Here:
Download the Free 7-Prayer Devotional (Let Us Pray) and "A Verse A Week"
And Read articles directly on your mails too!
Labels: Devotions, My Awesome Guest