I am truly excited to have my first interview on this blog. And my friend Alicia agreed to it. Thanks a lot Alicia. Here goes the interview.
Exclusive Interview with Alicia G Ruggieri
Meet Alicia
A fourth-generation New England native,
Alicia G. Ruggieri writes stories about the possibility of redemption for all
things through the Cross and the cost of true mercy.
With a degree in
Communications and History, Alicia loves spending her days researching,
writing, and caring for her family.
She and her husband Alex recently
celebrated their two-year anniversary and are the proud parents of a very needy
pug.
 |
| Hubby, Alicia and their pug |
Questions???:
How
did you become a writer and when you decided to get published?
I’ve been creating
stories since I learned to write, from plays to short stories to novellas. I
seriously began pursuing publication about five years ago, and my first novel, The House of Mercy, released a little over a year ago.
This past November,
my second novel, The
Fragrance of Geraniums, released,
followed a couple of weeks later by my middle-grade fiction book, The Regency Adventures
of Jemima Sudbury: The Mystery of the Missing Cufflinks.
What
triggered your passion for Christian fiction i.e. “Christian historic writing”
and why focus on young people?
I think people
naturally write from their worldview, and “Christianity” is my worldview. As
C.S. Lewis says, “I believe in Christianity not because I see it, but because
by it, I can see everything else [clearly].” So, the Scripture and my
relationship with Jesus Christ – those are the lenses through which I view the
world, and, of course, that comes out in my writing.
I decided to focus on
middle-grade fiction because there is a lack of high-quality, wholesome, and
exciting fiction for girls in that age group. There’s a lot of secular fiction
for 8-12-year-old girls, but not too much strongly-Christian fiction. Thus, I
wrote Jemima Sudbury to help bridge
that gap.
How
do you get inspiration to do your novels?
From all different
places and things and people! I do a lot of people-watching, a lot of reading,
and, yes, a lot of eavesdropping in coffee-shops! Songs might also inspire me,
or a verse of Scripture, or a situation that I’m going through or that I
witness someone else going through.
How
does Your Christian faith affect your writing?
Well, like the Bible
says, to live is Christ. So, naturally, whatever I write will be influenced by
what I believe.
How
did you feel releasing your first book?
Glad to finally have
the finished story in readers’ hands; grateful to the Lord God for the
opportunity to bless others with a gift He’s given me; excited to see the fruit
of my labors!
Are
you still as excited?
Yes, and even more so
as I see the positive impact my books
are having on readers’ lives and hearts.
Writing
and family how do you cope?
I set aside specific
time to write, scheduling it as best as I can. When that doesn’t work out, I
write when I can!
What
advice for upcoming Christian women who would like to be authors?
To practice your
writing; to read wholesome, great literature; and to pray, seeking God’s
specific will for your life and work.
What
next after this?
I have a children’s
book releasing in late January! It’s called Mr. Portly the Pug Finds His Purpose and is about discovering about where your true worth
is found.
This winter, I’m
working on the research for another historical fiction book, which I have to
keep under wraps for now!
Thank
you for your time. May you continue to have good success in all your endeavors
in Jesus Name.
Thanks for having me here! I enjoyed it. If you’d
like to find out more about my books and my life, you can visit me at:
Alicia Ruggieri
Have you read any of Alicia's Books Yet? Did you like this interview please leave your comments below.
Also Visit our Stores Today.
P and M Stores
God Bless.
Labels: Interviews