Exclusive Interview with Renee Fisher

Exclusive Interview with Renee Fisher

Let’s Meet Renee:

I have been writing daily in my journal since I was 15 years old when my life fell apart. I had lost the skin of my face and feet due to extreme eczema. 

I never thought a God who loves me would allow me to go through such heartache. I also asked God to heal me in His timing so that I could share of His faithfulness for generations to come.

When He healed me six years later, I had written volumes of journals and knew that I wanted to become an author. I am now releasing my sixth book, “Faithbook of God,” and look forward to encouraging others to connect with God daily.

Reading the Word daily is what saved me. It’s what rescued me from self pity when the world said I’d never be normal again, find a mate to love me for who God created me (flaws and all), and a ministry career.
I quit my job over 5 years ago to become a published author and minister to those who are hurting and broken.

My missions statement is to spur others forward  
 (Hebrews 10:24).

Some of my favorite things include hanging out with my husband Marc, our fur child named Star, and telling others about the Good News of Christ on my blog (and in person of course).
Renee Fisher and Marc Fisher


You have an outstanding resume and recommendations. How did this journey to writing and dream coaching begin?
I wrote about my journal to writing in the introduction. I decided to become a Dream Coach after I had published 5 books and spoken across the country. I met so many other people who desired to really go after their dreams, and I knew that I wanted to help them in any way that I could through my own personal experiences.
 I decided to become a Certified Christian Life Coach so that I would feel even more confident in helping others achieve their God-sized dreams!


You have a 40-day dream devotional. Was it a platform for the new yearly Devotional?
No. I wrote “Dream Devotional” last year when I was going through a difficult time believing that God cared about my dreams.
Faithbook of God” is actually a new version of “Faithbook of Jesus” my first book published 5 years ago with NavPress. After Tyndale bought NavPress, they gave me the rights back. I decided to turn it into a 366 daily devotional for all ages, not just 20-somethings.


This devotional is quite deep and a lot of time was obviously put to getting something as sophisticated. How long did it take you to prepare “Faith book of God”?
I wrote “Faithbook of Jesus” 5 years ago, but it took me about 7 years worth of writing devotionals on my blog that were re-written.


What is the most faith-moving testimony you received from your previous books?
A woman emailed me and told me that she decided NOT to commit suicide.


How does Your Christian experience influence your writing?
My Christian experience influences everything including my writing, speaking, and coaching. I am who I am because of who God is. He saved me. He healed me. I love others because He loved me first!


I noted you self published two of your books including “faith book of God”. Is there any particular reason for the switch?
I have self published 3 of my 6 books:
Loves Me Not
Dream Devotional
Faithbook of God
I decided to become a self published author when both of my publishers, NavPRess and Harvest House decided they didn’t want to publish with me anymore. 
It is such a more rich experience of being able to write what I feel God wants me to say no matter which publisher is interested! Self publishing is just another way I can use my creative gifts to encourage others.


What is your most challenging experience as a young Christian woman?
Going through my battles with eczema and anxiety.


Share a little bit of your dream coaching experience.
Some of my favorite Dream Coaching clients include those who are down in the dumps and have given up on their dreams.
 I just had one of my clients rise up from the ashes, get a new job, and it’s been amazing to see her pursue her dreams of getting her Ph.D to help kids in special education.

Writing and family how do you cope?
Since I work from home I am able to serve my family first and write, second!

What advice do you have for upcoming Christian women who would like to be authors?
Never. Stop. Writing!

What next after this?
Not sure yet, going to take some time off to pray about that!


Thank you for your time and God's Blessings in all your future endeavors.

Also shared here:

Missional Women

Labels: