DAY 17 : THE COMPANY YOU KEEP


I am glad you still it here. For the next 31 days in December we are discussing these amazing secrets I found out to living happier and more fulfilled.  These secrets are also my personal tips tried and trusted. We will take this journey together and with God’s Help see what wonderful gifts await.

I dare you to implement these secrets and give me your feedback.
Day 17
The Company You Keep

Your friends influence you positively or negatively. Some people walk into your life and you are blessed. Some others leave you worse than you were. Avoid people who have no destination.

Negative thoughts, character and decisions, influence faster and stick tighter than good ones.

Good friends are there to make you smile to comfort you, and to be your companion. To live a fulfilled life you need good friends.

5 Thought Provoking Questions About Your Friendships

     1.       Do my friends love God? Are they passionate about things that  pertain to the Kingdom?
I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts.
Psalm119:63

    2. Do I have things to learn from my friends? What do I have to offer to my friends? Do they have something to gain from our relationship?

He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
Proverbs13:20

   3. Do they sincerely look out for my interest? What advise do I receive and how have they shaped my life?
Take a look at Ammon, whose life was destroyed by the counsel he received from an ungodly and wicked friend.

But Amnon had a friend, whose name was Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David's brother: and Jonadab was a very subtil man.
2Samuel 13:3

      Another example is Rehoboam who threw the wisdom of gray hairs into the trash and paid dearly       for it.

But he forsook the counsel of the old men, which they had given him, and consulted with the young men that were grown up with him, and which stood before him:
1Kings 12:8

      4. When they need help, am I a good helper? Jonathan didn’t pay lip service. He sincerely looked out for his friend David.

But Jonathan Saul's son delighted much in David: and Jonathan told David, saying, Saul my father seeketh to kill thee: now therefore, I pray thee, take heed to thyself until the morning, and abide in a secret place, and hide thyself:
1Samuel 19:2

David sought for the opportunity to show kindness to the House of Saul for the sake of Jonathan his best friend. He was a friend indeed.

And David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I may shew him kindness for Jonathan's sake?
2Samuel 9:1



I will like us to take a break here and think deeply.

Food for thought:
·        How many of your friends today will remember you when you are gone? Will they show kindness to your household for the sake of the friendship you both shared?

·        How many of my friends do I remember to show kindness while they are away or in trouble

5.  Am I selfish in my friendships?
A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24

   
Prayer Tools
v Lord Jesus, search my life, bring godly friends into my life.

v Help me to be a friend indeed to people in my life.

v Dear Lord there some in my life whom have hurt me, give me grace to move on and forgive.



    Share your thoughts on this and please feel free to bless others 
    with your opinion.

     Love to hear from you.

    This post is also shared here:

   Blogging through bible with GMG button

    
  Do you have a question or comment please feel free to leave it in the comments. I will get back to    you as soon as possible.

God Bless and Thanks for Reading.

  If you found this post useful please share with your friends, find us on facebook, and drop a comment. You wouldn’t want to miss any part of this amazing series follow us by email by adding your email address on the left pane.


Labels: