I am glad you still it here. For the next 31 days in December we are discussing these amazing secrets I found out to living happier and more fulfilled. These secrets are also my personal tips tried and trusted. We will take this journey together and with God’s Help see what wonderful gifts await.
I dare you to implement these secrets and give me your feedback.
Day 16
Over-Expectation
Syndrome
It is better to trust in the LORD than to
put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD
than to put confidence in princes.
Psalm 118:8-9
Many disappointments I have faced are because I expected a lot from people. Expecting people to
go out of their way, is a wrong thought in a disappointing direction that will
lead to a life time of heart breaks.
For an
unknown reason people hand out promises they can't keep. I don’t take it well when someone
raises my hope only to dash it like hot potatoes. Don’t expect people to give you hand outs or a
helping hand. Give them a good reason to help you. When they don’t , God has a
better plan.
Neither do I subscribe in complete reliance on someone
to achieve my goals. They time and again will fail you.
I don’t want you to sorrow over those who never
did “this and that” for you. Learn from my mistakes. Here are the few lessons I learnt.
4 Ways to Break Free Over-Expectation
Ø Depend and trust only God to meet
your needs. God sends helpers our way when we
completely rely on him.
Ø Create an alternative source to
meeting needs in your life. Your past helpers
have their own immediate needs. Going to them over and over can be irritating. Same
goes for your relatives.
Ø Count the cost before you embark
on any project. Be willing to go all the way. Don’t count
on peoples help when you are starting a project. Have your means of capital/income
ready.
Ø Help will come but most times
from people we least expect. Don’t look down on
people. Any person can be a ladder to your progress.
Do you have a question or comment please feel free to leave it in the comments. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
This Post is also shared here:

God Bless and Thanks for Reading.
If you found this post useful please share with your friends, find us on facebook, and drop a comment. You wouldn’t want to miss any part of this amazing series follow us by email by adding your email address on the left pane.
Labels: Devotions