The Unwavering Faith 2

15 Key points you should know about faith

In this long series taken from 2Peter 1:5-8, I will like us to tidy up on unwavering faith. So I made this list below bout a few other things you should understand about faith:

1.  The life you live in Christ depends on your faith.
 Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Romans 1:17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Anything done without faith the bible says it is sin (Romans14:23). I can’t live my life in Christ without faith in God. It is as simple as that. Christ dwells in us by faith.

Ephesians 3:17  That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

2.  We are saved by grace through faith.
Ephesians 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

3.  We are God’s children through faith.
Galatians 3:26  For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

4.  The righteousness of God we have received is through faith in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

5.  To grow in faith I must listen to Gods words constantly and confess what he says about me. My faith grows daily when I believe God’s words and confess them.

Romans 10:8-10  But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;   That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.   For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
I also need to be grounded in faith. That way I can’t be moved.

Colossians 2:6-7  As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:   Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

 Colossians1:23  If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

6.  We are not moved by what we see neither are we carried away because we walk by faith and not by sight. Circumstances may go contrary to what we believe but our faith in God will stand true.

2Corinthians 5:7  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

7We are to regularly take self examination of our actions. In other words, I must self reflect and make sure I am in faith continually.

2Corinthians 13:5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

8.  Your faith has to be tried.

James 1:3-4  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.   But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
Hebrews 11:17  By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
1Peter 1:7  That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

9.  I can’t please God without faith.

Hebrews 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

10.     I need to fix my eyes on Jesus because he is the beginning and end of my faith.

 Hebrews 12:1-2  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

11. The blessings, healings, uplift, deliverance etc we receive from God are through faith.

 Galatians 3:14  That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
James 5:15  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

12. We quench all the fiery darts of the enemy through faith and overcome through faith.

Ephesians 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

1Timothy 6:12  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
1John 5:4  For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

13. I need to accompany my faith in God with some other ingredients. It cannot operate alone.

 1Thessalonians 3:10  Night and day praying exceedingly that we might see your face, and might perfect that which is lacking in your faith?
1Thessalonians 5:8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1Timothy 6:11  But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

14.              My faith needs to bear fruits. As a mother, I need to lead my children in faith in the way of the Lord. Also, I need to mentor younger believers in faith.

2Timothy 1:5  When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.
1Timothy 1:2  Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

15.              Finally, when you cast of your faith in God you are in danger of damnation. You don’t give up your faith in God.

Hebrews 10:38  Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
Hebrews 10:39  But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Don’t cast away your confidence in God.
Hebrews 10:35  Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
Hebrews 10:36  For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.


Thanks so much for your perusal. God Bless. Please leave your comments below in the comments section.

You can also read
unwavering faith

Labels: